RS Software Lab Forum
You are not logged in. Please Register or Login.

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 2:55:37 am
lifeshoes12

Billing themselves as a new “Dream Team,” leaders of the University of Miami medical school, a Coral Gables health insurance executive and basketball legend Earvin “Magic” Johnson announced Monday a new alliance to Supra Skytop service patients with HIV/AIDS. The parties are joining to provide care through a new type of Medicaid health maintenance organization, Clear Health Alliance, an HIV/AIDS plan offered by Simply Healthcare. The health insurer, Simply Healthcare, was created by Supra For Sale veteran entrepreneur Miguel B. “Mike” Fernandez. Fernandez said the plan was started last month with 350 Miami-Dade patients because “we have the distinction of having the largest number of new HIV/AIDS cases in the country.” Clear Health will soon expand into Supra Shoes Broward County and eventually throughout the state.
Johnson, a celebrated member of the Dream Team that won gold in the 1992 Olympics who has long been HIV-positive, said Monday, “For myself, everything’s been good, but in 20 years there have been millions of people who have died, so I know that I’ve been blessed. Yes, I’ve taken my meds. Yes, I’ve had a positive attitude, and, yes, I’ve done everything I’ve supposed to do.” But there was a large need among many Supra TK Society HIV/AIDS patients for proper education and treatment of their complex disease, said Johnson, who is in town as a television commentator for the NBA Finals.
Two months ago, his company, Magic Johnson Enterprises, announced it was becoming an investor in Simply Healthcare Plans and getting a seat on the Supra Vaider board. On Monday, Pascal Goldschmidt, dean of the medical school, called the new partnership “a game changer for thousands of patients with HIV/AIDS and it will make a huge difference ... to bring healthcare to underserved patients in our community.”